Awesome Thoughts about RAW - 01.16.2017


Five Awesome Thoughts about RAW 01.16.2017:

Streak vs  Dream! -- Which Matters More?
Brock vs Braun! -- A Passing of the Monster Torch?
The Gentlemanly Pop! -- When Will We Forfeit the Novelty?
Kurt Angle Returns! -- But For How Long?
Alica Still Crazy Like a Fox! -- Will it Mean Anything?



The Royal Rumble is getting ever closer, and the puzzle pieces are starting to fit together. Is the picture any clearer yet?

As usual, I have some awesome thoughts about the show, and they are as follows:

BAYLEY IS NOT EMBARRASED!

I liked this segment between Charlotte and Bayley, even if the two of them were obviously nervous and clearly had a very strict script to stick to.
It's the perfect tale of a privleged, genetically-gifted star versus the average "Jane" who has been dreaming of this her whole life and working tirelessly just to get the shot.
The thing is, Charlotte has to win. The streak of wins at PPVs still has a lot of gas in the tank, and the dream can still be an even bigger story as well, if Bayley falls short this time. I think both participants are served better if Charlotte wins a hard-fought battle.

BRAUN STROWMAN IS GETTING PUSHED TO THE MOON!

Braun Strowman is about as close to a total package as we've gotten in a super big man in a very long time. He's not a total package, but he's a lot closer to one than we usually get.
WWE is working hard to make this guy a believable bad ass monster and it is clearly working when that pop hit during the stare-down between him and Brock Lesnar.
There is still a lot of gas in the tank of Brock Lesnar so I don't think we'll see that showdown anytime soon, as I think that when we do, Lesnar will do the job to give Strowman that final shove.
I also think it's a little too early yet to see Strowman winning the Rumble, but I like that he's getting a lot of the spotlight.

THE FIRST-EVER I FORFEIT MATCH!

So the whole Jack Gallagher thing is fun, but it's going to fade soon. It's a novelty. We saw a little bit of this with the Vaudevillians. It's pretty much the same thing.
That said, if they can keep coming up with new ways to put an old timey spin on something, like they've done with the I Forfeit match, then by all means, keep doing so.
Do you have any ideas that they could use? Let me know by using #TweetTheTable on Twitter and we might read them on the next episode of The Spanish Announce Table podcast.

KURT ANGLE HEADLINES THIS YEAR'S HALL OF FAME CLASS!

Kurt Angle is awesome. He's one of my all-time favorites and it's super cool to see him acknowledged with such a high honor as headlining the WWE Hall of Fame induction class.
I was worried for a while that he may get the silent treatment, given all of his past issues, but I think his recent media tour that he did to help shed light on prescription drug addiction helped him a lot.
I hope we get to see more of him than just the Hall of Fame ceremony also. I have seen anything yet that gives me any indication that we will, but I really hope we do.

ALICIA FOX HAS REVIVED HER NUT-JOB CHARACTER!

So we're seeing the return of the Alicia Fox meltdowns, but I'm not so sure this going to provide anything productive.
Seeing her go bat-shit crazy once or twice is fun, but after a short time it gets really old and really forced. There's only so much one can do when they're flying off the handle. You throw stuff, you scream, and that's about it.
I don't see how this helps her character or the storyline she's in at all.



You can hear more of my awesome thoughts on pro-wrestling each and every week by listening to The Spanish Announce Table Podcast where my co-host T-Mac and I discuss all the hottest topics of the week.

- Captain Awesome
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment